Sunday, September 7, 2008

MAN vs WILD


'Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, covered in scars, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming 'yahoo!', what a ride.'
-quoted from Bear Grylls blogspot - http://beargrylls.blogspot.com/

If there was a man who inspired me the most today and made me down at the same time,that would be a TV host, motivational speaker, author - BEAR GRYLLS. It took couple of spelling mistake of his sir name (gyssll, grysll) to be able to google his blog and website.
Many of you must know him from his famous TV show on Discovery Channel : MAN vs WILD, every Tuesday night at 10.15pm-Bali Time (GMT +8), a TV program that my Benny adores it so much and has been a while inspired him as well, as he also has the same passion as Bear : NATURE & ADVENTURE!

Yes, talking about a man who not only has a huge passion on outdoor adventure, but mainly living his dream, pushing his limits,and overcoming challenge. A life that is far far away from dullness,he has, for sure! He has become an international speaker in many countries by using his experiences on climbing a Mount Everest at the age of 23, and how these can help us in our life and business environments. For him, fear,doubt,nervousness should not be an obstacle in focusing to your goal of life and dreams, in fact it will make you become stronger to achieve whatever you want to be and to get.Woww...

I tried to look onhis background to justify all his character and experiences : served in British Special Air Service, black karate black holder,
trained in unarmed combat, desert and winter warfare, combat survival, medics, parachuting, signals, evasive driving, climbing and explosives. In late 1996, broke his back in a free fall parachuting accident in southern Africa. In1998, at the age of 23,he entered The Guinness Book of Records as the youngest, and one of only around thirty, British climbers to have successfully climbed Everest and returned alive,etc.etc...Just to say to myself : no wonder he is that strong.
But now I would rather see it as a person who, firstly, know what he wants to do in life with his passion, skill, and ability, and then use it for his own good, to inspire,motivate and strenghten people. Bear Grylls,in brief has motivated me more today to do something different,dare to face a challenge, become a fearless person yet fun! (woman).
If at first I said he also made me down at the same time, it is because seeing his tv show and read his blog,made me see how flat is my life now, being stuck at 9 to 6 office situation, answering phone calls and emails, although I'm working at an event company that has so many things going on now, still...nothing compare with all the crazy and wild outdoor experience of Bear Grylls.
2008 - is The Year of the new beginning, that is my vision. It's September now, and I'm still loong forward for something excited, crazy, thrilling, adventurous, and new happen with my life. Once again, I would like to quote what The Man vs Wild says on his blog,that : "Feeling nervous is normal though, I guess. What matters is that you still go, and give your everything, no matter how hard it is."
Bear & Shara - whereever you are now, and miraculously could read this, I just want to say thank you for giving me the inspiration to get something new and exciting and passionate in my life.

Visit also a website of a very blessed woman :
http://www.sharagrylls.com/


No comments: